CBD-Infused Holiday Beverages
Serving up CBD-infused holiday beverages is a fun and festive way to enjoy the benefits of CBD. Drinking CBD will decrease absorption a bit, but the recipes below make sharing fun. Just be sure that everyone knows there is CBD in their drink—and be sure to offer a CBD-free alternative.
CBD Peppermint Hot Chocolate
Use this recipe with or without CBD for a sweet and minty treat. When making beverages with CBD never just stir it in as it will not evenly distribute, so whisking is a must. If you are in a rush, skip the recipe below and use milk, with a pre-made peppermint hot chocolate powder. This recipe serves 4.
- 1 Quart of your milk of choice, coconut milk will sweeten this recipe even more
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup or 3 oz semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 4 servings of Holmes Organics Unflavored CBD Oil
- 1/4 cup crushed candy canes
- 4 whole candy canes
- Whipped cream
Heat milk on medium-low heat until it comes to a boil. Turn off heat and add the cocoa, chocolate, oil tincture, and crushed candy canes. Whisk together until smooth. Pour into 4 large mugs, and top with whipped cream and more crushed candy canes. Add a candy cane to the mug. You can even sprinkle crushed candy cane on your whipped cream.
Eggnog is a holiday favorite that you can easily add CBD to. Follow the recipe below or whisk it into a pre-made eggnog instead. This recipe serves 12.
- 6 large separated eggs
- 3/4 cup fine sugar
- 1/2 quart whole milk, or an unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 12 servings Holmes Organics CBD oil tincture
- 1 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1 cup cognac
- Whipped cream
- And optional cinnamon sticks
Beat egg yolks in a large bowl until thick and pale yellow, about 4 minutes. Gradually add sugar. Whisk in milk, cream, and CBD. Stir in bourbon, rum, and cognac. If you won’t be serving this immediately, whisk again before serving. For a thicker recipe, add an additional cup of heavy cream. Top with whipped cream and/or nutmeg. Add a cinnamon stick to the glass after pouring.
How To Add CBD To Any Holiday Beverage Or Mixed Drink
No need for a new recipe as you can easily add CBD tincture to the holiday and year-round drinks you already enjoy. Whether it’s a classic, custom creation or a go-to martini or beverage—adding CBD just takes one more quick step. And yes, you can add CBD to non-alcoholic beverages too!
- If the drink is prepared in a shaker, shake the CBD in.
- If you are making a large punch or a standard mixed drink, use a wire whisk or blender to mix it in.
- If you want to add CBD to your coffee, you will need to whisk it in while on the stove or pop your cold brew into a shaker.
Although absorption is decreased when drinking CBD, you must be mindful of your dosage. For most, this means one or two CBD beverages per meal. If you’ll be serving alcohol have a designated driver or take Uber or Lyft to and from.